Well it’s that time of year again, when all the clever marketing and tech geeks get together and create pretty pictures stuffed full of amazing facts and figures to drop our jaws in amazement and get us all excited about the brave new future!!!
Here’s a really nice round up of all the years interesting Social Media Stats and Facts for 2012 – we particularly like the headline grabbing “85% of Women ARE ANNOYED with their friends…”
- 25 percent of users don’t bother with any kind of privacy control.
- The average Facebook user has 130 friends.
- More than 350 million users suffer from Facebook Addiction Syndrome.
- 85 percent of women are annoyed by their friends
- Links about sex are shared 90 percent more than any other link.
- 750 tweets per second are shared on Twitter.
- If Twitter was a country, it’d be the 12th largest in the world.
- Two new members sign up to LinkedIn every second.
- LinkedIn has 161 million members in more than 200 countries and communities.
- There are more than 1 million LinkedIn groups.
- The most watched video is “Gangnam Style” with 532+ million views.
- The average visitor spends 15 minutes per day on YouTube.
- 3 million new blogs come online every month.
- 60 percent of bloggers are between 25 to 44 years old.
- 20 percent of bloggers have been blogging for more than six years.
- Professional bloggers maintain an average of four blogs.
- Pinterest drives more referral traffic than YouTube, Google+ and LinkedIn combined.
- 97 percent of the fans of Pinterest’s Facebook page are women.
- Users spend an average of just fewer than 16 minutes on the site.
- The most popular age group is 25-34 year olds, accounting for 27.4 percent of the user base.
- There are 575 likes per second.
- 25 percent of Instagram users upload more than three pictures.
- More than 5 million images are uploaded every day.
- The Google +1 button is used more than five billion times per day.
- “Student” is the number one occupation of Google+ users.
- Google+ is adding 625,000 new users every day.
- More than 2/3 of its users are male.
Thank s to PR Daily for the Info